1. Banksy “sabotaging” Paris Hilton’s debut album by replacing the artwork with doctored copies featuring slogans such as “Why am I famous?” and “What do I do?”, and photos of a topless Paris with the head of a dog, is pretty pointless.
2. This is “graffiti artist” Banksy, whose book you can find on the “recommended” stand at all good Waterstones, and on the coffee tables of social science lecturers and Liberal Democrats across the nation.
3. Doctored copies of the album are now going for Ł400 on eBay. Way to smash vacuous capitalist icons, Banksy!
4. Banksy also replaced the CD of vacuous instant million-selling pop star Paris Hilton’s debut album with a mix by Dangermouse.
5. Dangermouse became famous by mashing up The Beatles and Jay-Z on The Grey Album, kids.
6. And became a vacuous instant million-selling popstar as half of Gnarls Barkley.
7. A picture of Paris Hilton’s nipples is hardly shocking when one can find on the internet, inside about thirty seconds, extensive video footage of her being rogered senseless by that bloke who I forget who he is.
8. Also her nipples have been in just about every tabloid in Britain at least once, probably including The Daily Express.
9. Banksy’s latest work, a picture of a naked man climbing out of a woman’s bedroom window as her husband comes home on the side of a prominent street in Bristol, was the subject of a council-sponsored public vote to see whether it should stay or it should go.
10. It stayed! 97% voted in favour. This means effectively that the council may as well have commissioned it. Which they may have, in fact, done. Much like Paris Hilton’s PR may have, in fact, commissioned Banksy’s stunt.